Production Worker (Permanent, Part-Time)
90 - 10th Avenue Hanover, Ontario
$19.30/hour after 6 months of employment
Why Maple Leaf Foods?
- Essential business through COVID-19
- Leading Consumer Protein Company
- Competitive Wages
- Pension & Benefit Opportunities
- Paid time off
- $1000 RETENTION BONUS!
Now is a very exciting time to join the Maple Leaf family. Maple Leaf Foods is located in Hanover, ON and presently employees approximately 140 employees between our farms and hatchery. Currently, the Hanover Hatchery has the ability to hatch approximately 900,000 chicks per week. Our work includes everything from receiving the eggs from our farms to distributing chicks to many growers across the province. As an egg gatherer, you would be responsible for the collection of eggs at the barn. You may be handling up to 16,000 eggs per day. The eggs gathered will be transported to our hatchery where they will be incubated and then hatched into chicks. The chicks are then distributed to growers across the province. It is important that you understand that we are an agricultural facility and therefore you will be handling live animals.
Primary shifts would be Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday with a 5:45AM start time. The starting wage of $17.01 which increases to $18.90 after six of employment. Maple Leaf Foods supplies all necessary safety equipment at no cost to the employee (Probationary period must be met for boot reimbursement).
The successful applicants will be responsible for:
REQUIRED SKILL AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Determining gender of day old chicks
- Ensuring quality of product
- Able to work in different departments as needed (including chick deliveries to farms)
- Working with the sanitation and other departments as needed
- Other duties as assigned
To be successful in this position, you must:
- Be reliable and dependable, able to be at work every day, on time
- Able to work in a fast paced and repetitive task environment
- Able to work in a wet/humid environment
- Have the desire to learn
- Be physically fit and able to lift, push, and/or pull, weight of up to 50lbs overhead
- Have commitment to safe work practices
- Able to work varying and flexible hours until job is complete (including statutory holidays)
- Have good communication and business relationship building skills for interaction with customers
- Adhere to HACCP, Biosecurity & Animal Welfare requirements (Training will be provided)
- Be looking for a long-term job opportunity
- Please note completion of High School Diploma is not required to be successful in this position.
If you are willing to step into a new and exciting career, please submit send your resume and cover letter via:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods has an accommodation process for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability need during your employment, please contact your local HR representative. Our accommodation policy can be provided upon request and in accessible format.