Waste Water Treatment Operator – Class 2
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security. .
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
We are seeking an experienced Waste Water Treatment Operator – Class 2, Rotating for our Brandon, Manitoba plant. The Waste Water Treatment Operator reports to the Chief Power Engineer and is a unionized position. The hours are Rotating Shifts, 12 hours, with the wage of $30.95 an hour with up to $2.00 in bonus’. The successful applicant must have the Provincial Certified Manitoba Class 2 Waste Water System Operator Certificate and the Provincial Certified Manitoba Class 2 Waste Water Collection Certificate, may accept Provincial Certified Class 1 Waste Water Certificate with commitment to obtain Class 2 Waste Water
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
• Operate, maintain and monitor Class 2 wastewater treatment processes, equipment and facilities
• Identify and take corrective actions to operating problems in the treatment plant
• Ensure compliance with all statutory, regulatory and company procedures
• Continuous improvement to the treatment process to ensure a safe return of wastewater to the environment
• Participate in plant equipment repairs and installations
• Carry out oral and printed work requests and apply corrective measures in a timely fashion utilizing computerized maintenance system
• General update and housekeeping of pretreatment plant
• Perform other assigned duties and tasks as required
What you will bring:
• Provincially Certified Manitoba Class 2 Waste Water System Operator Certificate
• Provincially Certified Manitoba Class 2 Waste Water Collection Certificate
• May accept Provincial Certified Class 1 Waste Water Certificate, must be willing to obtain Class 2
We’re looking for candidates who possess the following attributes:
• Willingness to work rotating shift work
• Excellent communication skills; written, verbal, listening
• Ability to function in a team environment and with minimal direct supervision
• Able to work with computers & computerized work order systems
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.