Field Sales Manager – Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Northern Alberta
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
The Field Sales Manager is responsible for leading the Retail Sales Representatives on delivering against the objectives for all marketing and Customer Business Activities. The Field Sales Manager must facilitate communication between the Sales Representatives and the Customer Business Teams regarding retail execution of activities, retail conditions and competitive information.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Manage the Retail Customer Representatives within their defined geographic district, with the objective of maximizing Maple Leaf's presence in retail outlets
- Responsible for achieving objectives for all marketing and sales activities, including both merchandising and distribution objectives
- Facilitates communication between the field sales team and the Customer Business Development group regarding retail execution of activities, retail conditions and competitive information
- Responsible for managing all personnel requirements within their district, including hiring, training, coaching, developing and motivating
- Responsible for managing all aspects of costs including expenses, claims, etc. and for maximizing field resource outlet coverage and deployment for their geographic area of responsibility and make recommendations for improvement whenever possible.
- Guarantee distribution and shelf representation
- Ensuring flawless retail execution of the promotional activities
- Develop and manage relationships with customer retail specialists and supervisors
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- 3 – 5 years sales experience (people management a definite asset)
- Key account management experience 2-5 years
- Post Secondary Education
- Strong Oral and Written communication skills
- Knowledge of Retail Food business is preferred
- Proficiency in all Microsoft applications preferred
- Market IQ Knowledge preferred
- This position which requires a candidate that resides in the geographic district that it supports (Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Northern Alberta)
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.