A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
This position will be responsible for supporting the Procurement led expansion of hog production by new and existing hog farmers in Saskatchewan and other prairies provinces. This role will also assist with developing effective resolutions to ensure success and achieve cross-functional objectives within Pork Complex. Additionally, this role will provide front line Producers information on hogs including quoting prices and other information as required. Liaise with MLAF on transactions between Maple Leaf and farmer for transfer of weanlings and feeder pigs for finishing hogs.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Collaborates with the broader Procurement team and MLAF on special projects, as assigned, and will act as a key resource to the Team
- Serves as a prime point of contact with our Producers and is responsible for client satisfaction and service delivery
- Develop and maintain a Producer scorecard with various measurable KPI’s to be reported on a regular frequency
- Provides analytical support to ensure corporate goals are met
- Administers changes to supply agreements and tracking of base producer contracts
- Monitors and reports compliance with terms and conditions of base supply and Forward Procurement contracts
- Builds and maintains an internal database on the livestock and meat industry commodity and financial markets, and economic data, and provides reporting on trends of this data
- Extracts and manipulates data bases to provide financial and analytical reporting and modeling
- Synthesizes industry and operational data and information relating to Pork Complex into concise summaries for senior management and executives
- Responsible for the management of ongoing contractual relationships and operational delivery of service to Producer clients
- Actively lives our Maple Leaf Corporate Values
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- College Diploma or University Degree in Business or Agriculture
- Experience of dealing with hog farmers and Hutterite colonies would be an asset
- Agriculture or Financial Market experience considered to be an asset
- Demonstrated competencies in problem solving, decision making, and written and oral communication
- Strong leadership, interpersonal skills, and customer service skills required
- Must be results driven and to be able to deliver in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Excellent team player with a positive attitude
- Advanced knowledge of MS office applications, with expertise in MS Excel a requirement
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.