Wastewater Treatment Operator Class 1
Shift: 630am - 630pm, on a 12 hour rotation between days and nights
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
This position must be able to perform all the tasks for Operation of the wastewater treatment plant
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Performs all operational and basic routine and preventative maintenance duties as assigned, (including water quality testing, system monitoring, cleaning, and preparing lab deliveries)
- Operate, maintain and monitor wastewater treatment processes, equipment and facilities
- Identify and take corrective actions to operating problems in the treatment plant
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements and company procedures
- Continuous improvement to the treatment process to optimize wastewater treatment plant performance
- Maintain regular records of plant equipment, ensuring proper operation and daily management of a process water treatment system.
- Participate in plant equipment repairs and installations
- Carry out oral and printed work requests and apply corrective measures in a timely fashion utilizing computerized maintenance system
- Report any incident or situation that might affect regulatory compliance or production to the Supervisor.
Has to focus/concentrate while performing the job.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Ability to move around and be active to address needs.
Ability to interact and communicate with multiple locations and leaders, supervisors and employees.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.