Marketing Manager - Foodservice
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
The Marketing Manager is an exciting opportunity to help the Foodservice function advance our credo to ‘build a growth culture, rooted in fundamentals and discipline, with superior customer partnerships’
. Reporting to the Director, the Manager will be focused on driving our North American Foodservice strategies:
1. Unlocking volume & profit potential
2. Establishing the fundamentals to enable true commercial leadership
3. Growing our Branded business through share growth and Innovation
4. Launching best in class Digital and Social Media programs
5. Becoming industry leaders in helping Customers build a bigger and brighter future
This successful candidate will be a dynamic Marketing professional capable of working closely with Sales and our cross-functional teams for product, process improvement, pricing and promotion strategies.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Lead and work collaboratively with cross-functional stakeholders to deliver identified business objectives and marketing initiatives that support the Foodservice strategy
- Own driving volume and profit
- Develop and commercialize new product innovation, 4 P’s and portfolio optimization
- Collaborate with Revenue Management to develop pricing strategies
- On-going category management and branded growth
- Monthly, quarterly and annual business reviews and planning process
- Work closely with sales team to develop and execute specific customer strategies, promotions and menu innovation
- Create trade communication materials and sales tools to support portfolio activities
- Leverage research, market data and consumer insights to formulate and communicate industry trends
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
- Brings a diverse perspective that complements the skills, strengths and opportunities of the team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing preferred
- 5+ years Sales or Marketing experience
- FMCG Retail and/or Foodservice industry experience would be an asset
- Commercial Acumen, Budget Planning and P&L understanding
- Strong leadership, insights, analytical and project management skills
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- An effective team player with well-developed people skills demonstrated through a proven ability to successfully navigate and influence a complex organization
- A creative thinker with a passion for Marketing, an appetite to learn and challenge the status quo
- Proactive and performance driven, have a bias for action and be able to work under pressure in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Communication skills to take complex problems and communicate effectively with a variety of audiences to achieve desired outcomes
- Strong relationship building skills
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.