Maple Leaf Foods - Brampton Poultry is seeking a career minded individual to join our Health & Safety team as a Health & Safety Assistant for the afternoon shift.
PREFERRED HIRING CRITERIA:
- Identify hazardous conditions and ensure appropriate corrective actions are identified and completed in a timely fashion.
- Provide or assist with the coordination of orientation, education, Health and Safety policies, and training to supervisors, employees, and the Joint Health & Safety Committee.
- Ensure compliance with all Maple Leaf standards and applicable legislative requirements.
- Filing/data input
- Conduct incident investigations, workplace inspections, hazard assessments.
- Conduct assessments as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Desire to get out and about the facility, completing daily walk throughs and inspections in a live poultry processing environment.
- Demonstrates results in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven initiative – balance priorities while exercising timely and good judgement in day-to-day business decisions.
- Ability to confidently conduct orientations and employee training.
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively.
- Responsible, conscientious, and detailed work ethic required.
- Strong PC skills and experience with Microsoft Office software applications.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Seeks out and applies best practices as solutions to correct deficiencies.
- Continues to examine learning opportunities in safety and for personal growth.
- Embraces the Maple Leaf Leadership Values to create superior shareholder value.
- Maintain confidentially.