Maple Leaf Foods Inc. is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
We are recruiting individuals to join our agribusiness team of Maple Leaf Foods Inc. We are one of Canada’s industry-leading agribusinesses (hog production) providing long-term value, quality, research-based products, services and information in an environmentally responsible manner. As a member of Maple Leaf Foods Inc., we offer excellent opportunities for career-minded individuals.
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN – Southeast MB
Steinbach, MB Area – Full Time Position
The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for providing general maintenance support and will be based out of the Steinbach, MB area. Travel will be required throughout the province of MB with the possibility of occasional travel to SK.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- General carpentry
- Drywall repairs, painting
- Basic plumbing
- Moving furniture and equipment
- Cleaning and organizing
- Basic welding of stalls and crates
- Installation of equipment such as feed and water lines and animal stalls
- Preventative maintenance to generators, tractors and other equipment
- Active contribution to the preventative maintenance program by submitting recommendations for improvement
- Document and record all finished and unfinished scheduled work orders
- Seek out and apply best practices as solutions to correct deficiencies
- Conduct assessments and/or audits of facilities and/or equipment
- Minimize production downtime by responding to production calls promptly
- Provide on the job training to barn staff and other employees
- Other related duties as assigned
Please submit resume to:
- Grade 12 diploma
- Trades related post-secondary education is preferred
- Thorough working knowledge of general computer programs (Microsoft Office, Excel)
- Ability to lift 25 kgs
- One to three years related experience in general maintenance
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel (including overnighting) within business operation
- Self-directed/motivated team player
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a livestock farm (hogs) atmosphere
- Ability to adhere to all Biosecurity requirements
- Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations
- The ability to work at various heights and in confined spaces
- An ability to live and teach our Maple Leaf Leadership Values
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position. We offer a diverse workforce inclusive to all.