A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
The incumbent provides administrative support, project coordination and data analysis to the plant in the areas of hourly recruitment and some salaried recruitment pertaining to screening, interviewing, training, job postings, and attendance based on policies and guidelines in a consistent manner and is the front line contact for employee questions and concerns.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Management of HRMS in relation to adding new hires, terminations, job changes, rate adjustments, etc., for all hourly employees,
- Coordinates all aspects of recruiting including applicant selection, interview, reference checking and job offers,
- Leads the orientation process for new employees including setting up personal record files, forms completion and distribution thereof to payroll, benefit carriers, CWIPP and union office,
- Manage and maintain updated information of the KRONOS and SAP systems,
- Develops and coordinates job postings and the job posting process in accordance with the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement,
- Assists with and coordinates the administration of our Temporary Foreign Worker Program (When Applicable).
- Provide management with statistical reports regarding turnover and trends of hourly staff issues,
- Coordinates various corporate payroll, benefit and pension policies on a plant basis and interacts with corporate representatives to ensure objectives are fulfilled,
- Maintain accurate Human Resource files for hourly and salary employees,
- Promotes positive employee relations and goodwill,
- Helps provide support and backup coverage for all payroll and benefit functions.
- Other duties as assigned
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Bachelors or Degree in Human Resources Management.
- CHRP designation or working towards CHRP designation is an asset.
- Union experience is an asset.
- Attention to details and meticulous.
- Knowledge of SAP and/or KRONOS is an asset.
- Excellent computer skills, including strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook with a passion for accuracy.
- Strong team player with problem-solving capabilities.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Ability to get things done within a decentralized environment with minimal supervision.
- Positive and professional approach with willingness to learn and enjoys challenging oneself.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.