A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
Procurement Planning Supervisor
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
The Procurement Planning Supervisor is responsible for meeting the overall management of the Live Broiler Procurement Team and its’ daily procurement activities. This position will work with the Chick Procurement Planning Analyst, Chick Co-Ordinator and the Sales and Procurement Manager to help develop the overall procurement plan and then transform this plan into daily executional initiatives. Currently this role will work with and manage one Live Supply Coordinator, and two Procurement Administrators. This is subject to change depending on the needs of the business.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
What we have to offer you:
- Responsible for the management of the live procurement team.
- Responsible for meeting our sales commitments for size, timing and quality through participation in the development of the procurement plan.
- Responsible for overseeing the daily execution of the procurement plan.
- Work with Procurement Administrator to confirm processing data is accurate and correct for producer settlements.
- Creation and maintaining accurate reports.
- Assist in providing proactive input into both producer and claim resolution processes.
- Building strong working relationships and daily interactions with producers, operations, field staff, feed partners, optimization, CFO, CFIA, catching, and live-haul.
- Review as required all internal (Wholesource/RWA), CFO and CFIA documentation (i.e. Form 3)
- Responsible for meeting all CFO deadlines for allocations, Processor Sign up and ensuring all paperwork is accurate and complete
- Responsible for Customer and Vendor set ups
- Act as a backup for Scheduling, Pricing changes in SAP
- Accountable for contributing to the delivery of the team’s performance objectives.
- Accountable for the delivery of the team’s annual operating budget.
- Responsible for overseeing the coordination of all producer settlements and that the required paper work is completed to meet company, producer, government, and CFIA protocols.
- Value added ad-hoc reporting as required
- Demonstration and commitment to the Maple Leaf’s Leadership Edge Values.
- Using a Six Sigma approach to drive forward continuous improvement opportunities
What you will bring:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Post-secondary education or University Degree in Agriculture, Business, Science or related field (or equivalent work experience) preferred.
- 3-5 years working experience
- Strong working knowledge of the poultry procurement functional processes.
- Supervisory experience illustrating a team management style approach.
- Demonstrated strong commitment to the Maple Leaf’s Leadership Edge Values.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong planning, analytical, decision making, time management, and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast pace environment.
- An ability to work independently; be self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- High level of computer competency including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications with SAP experience an asset
- Negotiation skills
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.