A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
As the Order Planner for Maple Leaf Foods – 97 Walker Drive location, this incumbent will plan, direct, and control the day to day shipping Orders requirements, SAP- warehouse management system administrative functions, update policies and procedures Warehouse Operation. Schedule appointment inbound and outbound, schedule export appointment, schedule daily trucks with CC and Erb Group, maintain manual Veggie line (order demands RAW material and ingredients) Etc.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
What we have to offer you:
- Responsible for executing SAP transactions inbound/outbound SD. Deployed warehouse tasks and warehouse orders, assessing product availability of orders, update orders as required, checking-in loads, assign process codes for shorts and generating all shipping related documentation
- Responsible for maintaining the accuracy of 3PL freezer inventories along with inbound and outbound documentation and transactions utilizing SAP IM system
- Responsible for all administrative duties
- Management of annual Shipping office supplies inventory
- Collaborate with Manufacturing, maintenance, QA Team, transportation Team, 3PL team export team, Optimization and Finance to ensure Orders and inventory is properly maintained, correct and updated
- Create and update orders as required
- Investigation of all shipping related claims and shipping short reporting
- Responsible for all exporting documentation
- Develop and implement warehouse processes that drive accurate inventory, minimize old age, minimize product shortage, and reduce inventory loss/discrepancies in an SAP-WM managed warehouse environment
- Continuously improve and maximize warehouse processes to facilitate the efficient identification and location of product on a daily basis, thereby increasing picking efficiencies
- Support Warehouse staff with up to date Metrics and performance measures
- Accurate Inventory Control for veggie line,
- Continuously improve and maximize warehouse process time for inbound and out bound shipment
- Supporting performance metrics measures with order deployment weekly from planning team.
- Supporting smooth operation flow with appointment system and delivery SD#
- Maintaining export
- Deliver budgeted costs for Office Supplies
What you will bring:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Three to five years experience in a distribution environment
- Strong computer skills
- Strong data entry and computer skills with excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent organizational skills with deliberate attention to detail
- Excellent comprehension and analytical skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong knowledge of floor operations across all shifts
- Highly proficient in SAP Systems
- Problem solving skills enabling themselves to consider multiple variables and solutions in a time sensitive environment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Process thinking-ability to link floor and system processes
- Ability to work in a fast paced office environment (ability to multi-task)
- Strong analytical skills required to gain insights on key shipping Metrics
- Acknowledged as a Role Model/Values Leader in several Leadership Edge Values
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.