Winkler area – Full Time
Reporting to the Manager, Capital Projects & Maintenance, the candidate will be responsible for providing general electrical support for Maple Leaf Agri Farms facilities in Manitoba.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION:
- This position will include repairs and maintenance to water wells, cisterns and systems, plumbing experience/training or dual tickets would be an asset.
- Minimize production downtime by responding to production calls promptly
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints and electrical code specifications
- Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, case assemblies and other electrical components
- Repair and trouble-shoot production equipment
- Completion of required preventative maintenance schedules, work orders and equipment tracking
- Active contribution to the preventative maintenance program by submitting recommendations for improvement
- Provide on the job training on ventilation controls, alarm systems, and other equipment as required
- Conduct assessments and/or audits of facilities and/or equipment
- Document and record all finished and unfinished scheduled work orders
- Seek out and apply best practices as solutions to correct deficiencies
- Must be available to travel within business operation
- Journeyperson Electrician license in the province of Manitoba
- Strong organizational and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent computer knowledge
- Self-directed/motivated team player
- Thermography training or certification would be an asset
- Ability to work in a farm atmosphere
- Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations
- The ability to work at various heights and in confined spaces
- An ability to live and teach our Maple Leaf Leadership Values
- Previous Maintenance experience and experience working in the hog industry would be an asset
Please submit resume to:
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position. We offer a diverse workforce inclusive to all.