Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,000 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
Maple Leaf Pork in Lethbridge specializes in quality pork products for International and Domestic markets, awarded the “Best Pork in the World”, three years in a row. We are a full time, permanent employer operating year-round, five days per week.
We are seeking high performing individuals to join our sanitation team. Sanitation work starts with cleaning production equipment, machines, and work areas in a food processing facility. Our team members are trained to handle and prepare cleaning chemicals and ensure proper storage as part of our day to day routine, helping provide safe, great tasting and nutritious food to the world.
Shifts are Monday through Friday, 3:00 pm – 11:30 pm, approximately 40 hours per week, with overtime opportunities, paid at time and a half.
Scheduled Saturday overtime, paid at time and a half, occurs approximately once per month and employees are expected to attend.
New hire rates of pay start at $16.20 per hour, Sanitation wages start at $18.05/hour with wage increases every six months for the first 18 months of employment. Opportunity for advancement to higher level of skill and pay are available, based on an earn as you learn program. As an additional incentive, Sanitation team members are paid an additional shift premium of $0.55 per hour.
A comprehensive benefits package is available to employees and their eligible dependents commencing at three months and six months for dental (company paid). Opportunity for a Production Bonus’ may apply to qualified team members.
MLF commits to the Health and Welfare of our team members, including offering a fitness allowance which commences after six months of employment. Maple Leaf Foods, Lethbridge Pork supplies all necessary safety equipment at no cost to our team members and provides paid safety training.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
To be successful in this position, you must:
• Be reliable and dependable, able to be at work every day, on time
• Be able to work in a fast paced and repetitive task environment
• Have the desire to learn
• Have a passion for performance
• Ability to maintain results while working independently, establish individual priorities
• Be physically fit and able to lift, push, and/or pull, weight of up to 23kg (50lbs)
• Able to wear personal protective equipment & comply with safety requirements
• Ability to crouch, bend, and may work at limited heights
• Aptitude for mechanical tasks, manual dexterity and attention to detail
• Be looking for a long-term job opportunity
• Cleaning, scrubbing, sanitizing equipment and surfaces
• Ability to work with chemicals, safely and responsibly
• Be willing to adhere to all hygienic and food safety requirements in the plant
• Have basic English skills (listen, understand, speak, read, write)
• Be comfortable being part of a multi-cultural, unionized environment
• Follow Respect in the Workplace policies; active participation in work group meetings
• Be legally able to work in Canada
• Please note completion of High School Diploma is not required to be successful in this position
Environment: Meat Processing Plant
Volume & Complexity of Work: Volume Completed through typical sanitation procedures
Travel Requirements: None
This is a full-time permanent job.
Relocation assistance may apply to qualified candidates.
Resumes can be dropped off in person at 4141 1st Ave South Lethbridge.
By Fax: 403-329-3140 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com or 905-285-5862. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.