Order Processing Administrator
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
The Order Processing Administrator is responsible for accurately processing all Distribution data, ensuring all documentation is processed in a timely and precise fashion, enabling the timely departure of trailers.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Receive, sort and confirm all incoming orders.
- Invoicing and billing of customers and drivers documents. This includes pallet control entry and tracking.
- Monitor, amend and certify the accuracy of traffic load and stops.
- Printing and distributing picking documents to warehouse (pick slips, labels).
- Maintain daily data entry and filing related to order processing, and produce necessary reports for numeric audit of the order entry system.
- Tracking and monitoring Trailer departure times
- Research information for POD’s for the Accounts Receivable group.
- Maintaining daily metrics.
- Other duties as assigned by Managers or Supervisors.
- Overtime maybe required to finish off required duties.
- Shift coverage will include afternoon / overnight work.
- Applicant must be flexible to cover 24 hour shift coverage, including weekend work.
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
- Completion of High school and combined with 1-2 years of experience in a Distribution environment would be an asset.
- Strong data entry skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel software
- Good interpersonal skills to deal effectively with internal and external contacts
- Strong organization and planning skills combined with a deliberate attention to detail, to ensure accuracy of the order processing function.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.