Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
Maple Leaf Foods Bradford Plant is Hiring!
We currently have multiple Forklift Operator and Dock Worker positions available, with various shifts available.
The Receiver/Forklift Operator is responsible for accurately staging, loading and verifying product shipments and inventory materials received. They are responsible to use best practices in shipping/receiving functions to ensure that all material is handled correctly and safely.
- Assist Receiving Supervisor with all incoming orders
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 50kgs of and on throughout the shift
- Comply with all Company Policies and Procedures
- Ensure compliance with all HAACP food safety compliance regulations
- Ability to make repetitive motion movements using arms, hands, and wrists for long periods of time
- Observe all safety rules and regulations including use of (PPE) Personnel Protective Equipment and Material Handling Equipment
- Loading trucks with correct orders
- Monitoring and maintaining temperature of product
- Reporting deviations to shift supervisor/quality
- Unloading and putting in their correct areas
- Work with QA to ensure product safety
- Contact supervisor in the case of any discrepancy's
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Must be able to operate material handling equipment and document daily inspections on checklist and report to his or her supervisor any issues that affect the operation of the equipment.
- Participate in any Health and Safety training that is required by the company.
Why should you work with Maple Leaf Foods Bradford?
• Annual wage and benefit reviews to ensure competitive wages; Wage increase provided every 6 months.
- Secondary school
- Forklift Certification and experience preferred
- Counterbalance Experience preferred
• Full-time employees are eligible for benefits (Healthcare/Medical and Dental) after 3 months of working, as well as eligible for Pension after 2 years.
• Great team environment
• Strong focus on internal advancement
• Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP) services available 24/7 with no cost to the employee
• Employee events and Recognition programs with monetary incentive
• Human Resources, Health & Safety and Food Safety training provided
• Reputable company
If interested, please apply online and attach your resume with an updated phone number.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment.