A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
The FSQA Technician is responsible for ensuring day to day FSQA processes and procedures are followed. The incumbent will lead & engage cross functional teams to ensure compliance with Food Safety programs and requirements.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Complete daily document verification to ensure compliance to written programs (including pSOPs).
- Complete and document various audits including preoperational inspections and GMP monitoring
- Complete product samples and conduct sensory evaluations for compliance to CTQ’s
- Verification of product SOP’s and production processes for compliance to standards
- Collection of environmental samples from the RTE areas for microbiological testing (e.g. swab samples of conveyors, floors, equipment, overheads etc.)
- Assist in the maintained of the EMP program through completing swabbing, and data entry to ensure compliance.
- Document raw material incident reports and non compliance reports as needed.
- Support QA monitoring through verification of SAP usage decisions and hold and release functions.
- Support QA Supervisors with ongoing food safety and quality investigations.
- Working knowledge of statistical process control to utilize in trending and tracking of processes.
- Recognize, support and commit to the Food Safety promise
- Other duties as assigned.
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
The successful candidate will be results-oriented, thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment, and have the ability to develop positive working relationships with all employees. Candidates must have:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- College or University degree preferably in Chemistry, Microbiology, Food Science or a related discipline
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail
- Willingness to learn and teach others, be self directed and motivated
- Strong knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite as well as SAP
- The successful candidate will be business, results and values oriented, work as part of a functional team and be an exceptional fit with our Maple Leaf Leadership Values
- 1 to 3 years food related experience in a HACCP recognized plant.
- Experience with maintaining environmental monitoring programs
- Detail oriented with exemplary organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills to download and process data.
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.