We are recruiting individuals to join our agribusiness team of Maple Leaf Foods Inc. We are one of Canada’s industry-leading agribusinesses providing long-term value, quality, research-based products, services and information in an environmentally responsible manner. As a member of Maple Leaf Foods Inc., we offer excellent opportunities for career-minded individuals.
ANIMAL CARE TECHNICIAN
Prowest Nursery (Hartney)
Starting Wage - $16.00 Per Hour
Our company paid benefits package for full time employees includes Major Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, as well as enrollment in the Maple Leaf Pension Plan.
The Animal Care Technician works directly with the Team Lead and is responsible for carrying out the day-to-day activities in the barn, which involve many physical demands including pushing, pulling, bending, lifting and continuous walking. This position requires the candidate to be part of a team working towards specific production goals, while adhering to health and safety policies and procedures, and following MLAF SOPs regarding the humane treatment of animals under our care.
The successful applicant will be responsible for assisting with all areas of production including the feeding and general care of pigs, maintaining herd health and environment for pigs, pressure washing and preparing rooms, as well as, general maintenance, cleaning and clerical duties including but not limited to maintaining door charts, inventory trackers, ordering feed and medication.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple priorities and complex tasks simultaneously
- Ability to wear proper PPE and comply with safety requirements
- Ability to lift 25kg
- A valid driver’s licence and the ability to get to and from work located in a rural area is required
- Weekend, holiday hours and alarm attending are required on a rotational basis
- Able to live and teach our Maple Leaf Leadership Values
- Experience in hog production would be considered an asset
Please submit resume to:
The successful applicant will be required to provide satisfactory documentation of being fully vaccinated (two doses) as a condition of employment