Maple Leaf Foods - Brandon
Production Worker (Permanent, Full Time)
6355 Richmond Avenue East Brandon, Manitoba
$15.70 – $22.20 /hour
- + Production Bonus of up to $1.00/hour
- + Attendance Bonus of up to $1.00/hour
- + Further increases as per Collective Agreement
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading Canadian food processing company committed to delivering quality food products to consumers around the world. We are looking for Production Workers to join us at our Brandon, Manitoba plant.
Entry-level production work starts with packaging/wrapping non-knife type work.
The employee’s primary tasks include receiving live hogs, and or kill (evisceration, hide removal, by-product processing) and other related activities/ packaging and/ or visual inspection, sorting, grading, scale weighing, truck loading, cleaning, operating equipment as related to above process.
A 100% company paid Benefits package is provided including Major Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, as well as enrollment in the Maple Leaf Pension Plan.
- Participate as part of a team in the processing of hogs to produce fresh and frozen product
- Assist with various tasks in the department assigned
- Keep up to production line speed
- Most jobs in the Barn, Dressing, Cut and Packaging floors include assembly line work
- Be willing to adhere to all hygienic and food safety requirements in the plant
- Previous industrial / manufacturing plant experience is considered an asset
- Ability to work in a wide range of environmental conditions from cool to warm and wet to dry
- Physically fit and able to life, push, and/or pull, weight of up to 27kg (60 lbs.)
- Experience working with and committed to Good Manufacturing Practices is considered an asset
- Experience in food manufacturing within a fast-paced environment is an asset
- Comfortable being part of a multi-cultural, unionized environment
- Must be committed to safe work practices
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills and be focused on continuous improvement
- Ensure safe and hygienic practices are applied to all tasks performed as per Company policies
If you are willing to step into a new and exciting career, please submit send your resume and cover letter via: