A Sustainable Protein Company
Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneider’s Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
COVID 19 Representative
Job Title: Site COVID-19 Representative
Type: Summer Contract: April 19- September 10
Shift: MUST be able to work any shift including nights
Location: 97 Walker Drive, Brampton, ON
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Successfully complete the Thermal Screening training conducted by our Senior Leadership Team
- Obtain verbal consent prior to obtaining temperature reading from any individual entering the facility at the beginning of every shift.
- Temperatures will be obtained using a “No Touch Thermal Thermometer” at specific entry points as identified by the Senior Leadership Team.
- Screen employees for symptoms of concern, as per our COVID19 Screening Tool
- Privacy and dignity will be respected, and areas of the plant will be segregated for this purpose while conducting temperature checks.
- If a temperature of 100.4 F (38 degrees Celsius) or higher is recorded, the Site COVID19 Administrator will document this on the Temperature Monitoring Form, the individual will be asked to exit the building premises and encouraged to monitor their symptoms.
- Maintain communication with HR/H&S and Plant Manager daily.
- The Temperature Monitoring form will be handed into the HR/H&S Advisor each day for validation.
- Assist with disinfection of common areas and high-touch surfaces.
- Other duties as required.
- Healthcare or security background/experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible with ongoing changes and updates
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to make procedural decisions and judgements involving sensitive and confidential issues under stressful conditions