ANIMAL CARE TECHNICIAN
Southeastern Manitoba Region (Various Locations) – Full and Part Time Positions
Starting Rate: $16.00 per hour
The Animal Care Technician works directly with the Manager, Hog Barn and is responsible for carrying out the day-to-day activities in the barn. This position requires the person to be part of a team working towards specific production goals.
The successful applicant will be responsible for assisting with all areas of production including the feeding and general care of pigs, maintaining herd health and environment for pigs, pressure washing and preparing rooms, as well as general maintenance and cleaning.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience in hog production will be considered an asset
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple priorities and complex tasks simultaneously
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to get to and from work located in a rural area is required
- Weekend and holiday hours are required on a rotational basis
Please submit resume to:
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws