A SUSTAINABLE PROTEIN COMPANY
We are proud of our roots, which we can trace back over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we work to reconnect families with the goodness of food. We are helping to transform the world’s food system so that it can survive, and thrive, for generations to come.
OUR JOB IS TO MAKE GREAT FOOD
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong, values-based culture, where dedicated employees take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, our customers and our communities. Our 11,500 employees thrive in an engaging, open and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and responsibility. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
OUR LEADERSHIP VALUES
6 core values guide us in everything that we do:
In Procurement, we deliver solutions enabling Maple Leaf’s profitable growth. Our team embraces change to create insight-based value for our stakeholders, customers and suppliers. We are empowered to continuously improve everything we do
- Do what’s right
- Deliver winning results
- Build collaborative teams
- Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way
- Learn and grow, inwardly and outwardly
- Dare to be transparent, passionate and humble
As the Sourcing Manager, Direct Materials, you will be will be working collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders including product development, packaging technology, marketing, operations, food safety, legal and others across the company to create and implement strategic source plans and identify new value-add initiatives. You will provide procurement leadership, support and expertise in the areas of supplier development and selection, category management, negotiations and contract development for company-wide sourcing initiatives. You will be part of the Maple Leaf Foods (MLF) Direct purchasing team which manages significant spend across major packaging and ingredients categories in a fast growing and challenging environment. The team is focused on maximizing value, lowering organizational risk and providing excellent stakeholder support. This is an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic and evolving team as we expand sourcing support to increase company spend under management and deliver a value-driven, results oriented service to our internal and external stakeholders. The Procurement team uses industry leading sourcing processes and mature e-procurement tools to deliver significant value for the company. The successful candidate can expect to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment and have immediate opportunities to lead challenging procurement initiatives.
A SNAP SHOT OF SOME OF THE EXCITING THINGS YOU WILL DO
BUSINESS SUPPORT AND COMMERCIAL PROJECTS
- Sourcing and Category Management
- Collaborates with internal & external stakeholders to develop strategic plans in support of Maple Leaf Foods Supply Chain initiatives.
- Delivers market leading cost savings & continuous improvement contributions to Maple Leaf Foods
- Develops sourcing strategies supporting new product & supplier development and for making improvements to existing sourcing arrangements.
- Leverages market intelligence, trends and external conditions to proactively seize on opportunities. Evaluates and develops alternate source plans to ensure a smooth flow of materials to support production and customer demand.
- Establish commercial agreements using standard processes and tools. Coordinate with legal and business stakeholders to develop key contract terms
- Meets with suppliers regularly to discuss performance and proactively manage business developments.
- Manages the contract renewal process for assigned categories including making management and stakeholder recommendations
- Tracks new technology developments for assigned categories and drives alignment between supplier innovation and Maple Leaf needs.
- Identify and initiate process improvements, cost saving opportunities and value add supplier programs
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER YOU
- Participate in cross functional teams to support the commercial and project priorities across the company
- Provide direction to stakeholders on supplier capabilities and costing in support of improvement projects to reduce cost or increase operational efficiencies
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
- Post-secondary education, preferably in Business (specialization in Supply Chain and/or MBA is an asset)
- 5-10 Years of Purchasing and Supply Management Experience, with practice in sourcing across multiple categories
- Superior Negotiation Skills
- Understanding of end-to-end Supply Chain Management
- Ability to implement change through influence and strong stakeholder management
- Project management, facilitation/training, and change management skills
- Demonstrated expertise in market analysis, contract development and negotiation
- Proven ability to lead, influence and gain followership
- Excellent analytical skills with an ability to perform insightful analysis
- High level of energy and urgency
- Superb interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks
- Proven ability to work effectively with all levels and develop positive working relationships
- Highly consistent demonstration of Maple Leaf Foods Leadership Values
- Strong user of Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience working in an SAP environment
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.